VIOLET SHADOW – FIRST SOLO STORY COMING SOON!

The pages of the first ever Violet Shadow solo story are now being illustrated by Francesco Savi. Violet's first adventure on her own will arrive in FEMFORCE issue 179 from AC Comics later this year. I'm really excited about this and I hope that Violet's debut solo outing will be enjoyed by readers.

Violet does have a future beyond this story. The first two parts of that future have been written, and news regarding this will be revealed when the time is right. I see the character as a mix between Marvel's Elektra, Lisbeth Salander from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the product of me watching so many urban-setting martial arts movies when I was a teenager.

I'm humbled and thrilled to be able to offer spin-off stories for Violet, and getting to do it in the pages of a title I've loved for over twenty years is such a rush!

FEMFORCE 179 will also feature my first ever NIGHTVEIL story, which is to be the character's first earth-bound story since returning from her lengthy adventures on Dark Dhagor, so that's quite an honour!

That story will feature a villainess called Miss Corrosion, and people familiar with the music of a certain band that her name may evoke can expect plenty of nods to other songs in the dialogue. It seemed like a fun thing to do after mentioning the name in a comment on Facebook seemed to garner a lot of interest. It was a blast to write, as they all are!

Comments